In case you’re still wondering who to vote for in this May’s local elections, here’s a list of Tory achievements during the last thirteen years:
- 1,000 sure start centres closed.
- 780 libraries closed.
- 700 football pitches closed.
- Food bank use is up 5,400%.
- Homelessness is up 1,000%.
- Rough sleeping up 1,200%
- Evictions at record highs.
- Student fees are up 300%.
- Student debt has risen 150%.
- Eradication of EMA (education maintenance allowance).
- National debt has risen from £850billion to £2.25trillion.
- GBP fell by around 15% versus EUR and USD.
- Manufacturing in recession.
- Construction in recession.
- Services close to recession.
- 25-30% cuts to all govt departments.
- 25,000 fewer police.
- 20,000 fewer prison officers.
- 10,000 fewer border officials.
- 10,000 fewer firefighters.
- 10,000 fewer medical professionals.
- 14,000 fewer bed spaces for mental illness.
- Creation of 1.3m jobs, mainly temporary, self-employed, gig economy and Zero Hours Contract.
- Only 30k full-time work positions were created.
- 25% cuts for our disabled community.
- 80% cuts to Mobility allowance.
- Closing Remploy.
- 40% of working households with practically no savings.
- 70% of households have less than 10k savings.
- 60% of households can only survive 2 months without a wage.
- Increase of 50% in hate crimes.
- Increase knife crime by 150% to 22,000 per year.
- Life expectancy down 3 years.
- Voted down a bill which would have forced landlords to make their rental properties fit for human habitation
- NHS satisfaction level at lowest recorded rate.
- Council home building down 90%.
- 200k social homes lost since 2010.
- Zero starter homes built, despite the Tory flagship programme.
- 36,000 fewer teachers.
- Six form funding cut by 25%.
- 33,000 nurses leave the NHS each year.
- 14 prisons closed down, and the land was sold to developers.
- 50% of all police stations closed.
- 300 + courts closed down, leading to a huge backlog.
- Millions to a shipping company with no ships
- Economy the worst in Europe
- Billions to Tory Donors for PPE that either didn’t work or never turned up.
- Brexit deal that has seen the economy drop even further and exports evaporate.
- Repeatedly broke laws they’d only just made and had parties whilst the rest sacrificed
- Largest tax increase for 70 years whilst the chancellor’s wife and rich people like her simply avoid it.
- Crashed the pound.
- Chancellor of the Exchequer on the fiddle and fined by HMRC
- Voted to allow water companies to dump raw sewage in our rivers and seas for the next 15 years.
It’s not all bad news, though. Although inflation is at a 40-year high, at least corporate profits are at 70-year record levels, so that’s good.
PS - here’s a tip for any grovelling Tory apologists. Save time and brain-ache by selecting one or more of the following responses:
Option 1 response “None of this is true”
Option 2 response “It’s all true, but it’s Labour’s fault”
Option 3 response “More leftie nonsense”
Option 4 response “Labour would have been worse”